The Florida Center For Fiscal and Economic policy released a blockbuster report yesterday showing Florida at or near bottom in education, health, and tax fairness rankings in comparison with other states.
You can read the full report here (pdf.) Some rankings that stood out to us:
- 3rd highest unemployment rate.
- 49th among the states in the percentage of unemployed who receive benefits
- 3rd-worst in the percentage of children under 18 without health insurance
- 46th in per capita income growth.
- 2nd most regressive (unfair) tax system.
- 47th in per capita state and local government expenditures for all education.
Florida has had a state government that has consistently not made our middle class a priority, and these rankings show the results of those efforts. This is a primary reason why were Fighting For Florida.